As a PART-TIME Teacher Aid for Capitol Language Services, you will work with a dedicated team of professionals who provide high quality afterschool programs and social activities for children aged 3 – 11 years old. You will support lead teachers in administering or supervising programs that stimulate the students with arts and crafts, play time, language programs and others.
*PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION STARTS on AUGUST 29, 2022*
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have experience working with 1:1 with children in a school, camp, or daycare environment
- Have the availability to work 3-6pm, Monday – Friday
- Possess the ability to support children 1:1 with their interests, facilitate their participation in the classroom and other general activities
- Have flexibility regarding schedules, sharing of tasks and changes in routines and plans
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Experience working with elementary school aged children or genuine interest in learning how to work in a school setting
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (includes boosters for those eligible.)
- Basic computer knowledge is required
- Familiar with Excel (read students’ schedules and daily activities)
- Legal US work authorization
- Previous experience related to this position is preferred
- Good references from previous employers
- Must be available to attend 2 half-day training sessions. No exemptions. Dates of the training sessions will be between August 22-26
- The candidate must be ready to start on August 29, 2022
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsibilities include supporting children in the program 1:1 during activities/clubs such as arts and crafts, homework, playground, etc. Provide positive child guidance and appropriate limits and effectively respond to challenging behaviors of children, as well as, communicating any behavior issues to the coordinator and program director. Other duties as assigned.
Please attach your resume. Applications without a resume will be discarded. We will contact the selected candidates for an interview.