Capitol Language Services, LLC is an independent and local organization founded in 2006 to create an educational, affordable, safe, and high-quality environment for children after school.
We recruit part-time educators, playground supervisors, after-school teachers and place them in our six after-school programs in NW Washington D.C.
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) entry.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS IN-OFFICE
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Adaptability (tolerance for last-minute changes, and quick turnaround tasks)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least one-year related experience required.
- Experience in education-related fields a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Compensation and benefits:
· $45,000 to 55, 000/year and health insurance benefits. Two-week paid time off (accrued after working one full year) 5 additional days off (to be taken nonconsecutively.)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday